Located just inside MIM’s main entrance, the Museum Store offers a variety of books and other reading materials for both adults and children about the music and cultures of the world. You can also find familiar or unusual musical instruments from around the globe, ranging from pieces built by master instrument makers to those made under fair-trade conditions—available at a range of prices. There is no admission required to shop at the Museum Store, and proceeds help support MIM and its programs.
NEW! Music of MIM CD
Music of MIM presents a sampling of significant musical genres, artists, and instruments from across the globe and illustrates the diversity of sounds and styles heard throughout the museum’s galleries. We hope these pieces entertain and inspire, sparking curiosity and leading to a greater appreciation of musical cultures around the world.
1. Yves Lambert et le Bébert Orchestra LE VOYAGE
2. Anda Union SUMARO
3. The Chieftains, featuring Mark Knopfler LILY OF THE WEST
4. Seckou Keita DORYGUI-BA
5. Little Richard LUCILLE
6. Mariachi Cobre, featuring Linda Ronstadt EL SILENCIO DE LA NOCHE
7. Joshua Bell and Jeremy Denk ALLEGRO MOLTO from Saint-Saëns’s Sonata no. 1 in D Minor
8. Cheikha Rabia TOUBA GALBI TOUB
9. Keola Beamer PAILOLO
10. James Stephenson HIP BURNER
11. Alemu Aga SELE SENE SEQLET
12. Gunnar Idenstam and Johan Hedin LOFBERGSPOLSKAN
13. Kyaw Kyaw Naing SADDANAITHAR (Enchanting Lake of the Elephant)
14. Clara Rockmore and Nadia Reisenberg L’OISEA DE FEU
15. Poncho Sanchez GUARIPUMPE
MIM Gift Cards
An ideal gift for most occasions, MIM gift cards may be used toward museum admission, concert tickets, joining our Circle of Friends, dining at Café Allegro, shopping in the Museum Store, and lectures and workshops.
Available in amounts starting at $25 at the Museum Store, online, or by calling 480.478.6000. Proceeds help support MIM and its programs.