The Museum Store offers an array of distinctive items that reflect MIM and its collection. The store specializes in musical instruments, cultural crafts, CDs, DVDs, books, apparel, jewelry, and other museum- and music-related gifts. No admission is required to shop at the Museum Store, and all proceeds support MIM and its programs.
Members of MIM’s Circle of Friends receive a 10 percent discount on non-sale merchandise (certain restrictions apply). For more information, contact the Museum Store at 480.478.6002 or museumstore@MIM.org.
NEW! Music of MIM CD
Music of MIM presents a sampling of significant musical genres, artists, and instruments from across the globe and illustrates the diversity of sounds and styles heard throughout the museum’s galleries. We hope these pieces entertain and inspire, sparking curiosity and leading to a greater appreciation of musical cultures around the world.
1. Yves Lambert et le Bébert Orchestra LE VOYAGE
2. Anda Union SUMARO
3. The Chieftains, featuring Mark Knopfler LILY OF THE WEST
4. Seckou Keita DORYGUI-BA
5. Little Richard LUCILLE
6. Mariachi Cobre, featuring Linda Ronstadt EL SILENCIO DE LA NOCHE
7. Joshua Bell and Jeremy Denk ALLEGRO MOLTO from Saint-Saëns’s Sonata no. 1 in D Minor
8. Cheikha Rabia TOUBA GALBI TOUB
9. Keola Beamer PAILOLO
10. James Stephenson HIP BURNER
11. Alemu Aga SELE SENE SEQLET
12. Gunnar Idenstam and Johan Hedin LOFBERGSPOLSKAN
13. Kyaw Kyaw Naing SADDANAITHAR (Enchanting Lake of the Elephant)
14. Clara Rockmore and Nadia Reisenberg L’OISEA DE FEU
15. Poncho Sanchez GUARIPUMPE
“A Journey Through the Musical Instrument Museum“
The new catalog provides an overview of the MIM experience. It includes photographs of entire exhibits and captures the feel of a museum visit. With more than 150 beautiful photographs, it’s an ideal way to remember your visit to MIM or introduce MIM to friends and family.